Trials That Don't Make Sense



Text: 1 Corinthians 10:13


We all know the parable about the man who built his house on the rock. Did you ever notice that even though this man had a firm foundation in Christ that the storm still came? Being strong in the Lord does not mean trials won't come your way. Just the opposite. You'll probably have more trials that what you know to do with. What it does mean is that you won't crumble when they do come. Through years and years of experience I have come to realize that there are two types of trials. There are trials that make sense and there are trials that don't make sense. Let me explain...

For example, your car not starting in the cold, frigid temperatures of winter time makes sense. It's still a trial but it makes sense. You can understand why your car didn't start. It's the same scenario when you get laid off at work during times of economic hardship or if you get sick during the flu season. These are all trials but they make sense.

And then, my dear friend, there are trials that don't make sense. There is absolutely no reason or explanation for what you're going through but yet the trial is there. I have found out over the years that more times than not these type of trials happen when God moves and progress is made in the call that is on my life. Therefore, I have come to believe that trials that make sense happen because you are a born-again believer and trials that don't make sense happen because you have made the decision to be a servant of the Most High God.

Yes, there are trials aimed at believers and there are trials that are aimed at servants. I am here to tell you that the servant's trial is much more severe than the believer's trial. Just look what happened to Jesus and the apostle Paul.

God has moved mightily in my life and ministry in recent times and your mouth would drop open were I to tell you everything that's happened to me. The fact that I am writing you this letter today is proof that I have not crumbled under the onslaught of the enemy. No, I did not crumble and neither will you. The Bible says, "Many are called but few are chosen." The chosen few are the ones who will stand strong on the Rock of our salvation during times of tribulation and with a gut-like determination refuse to give up.

When trials that don't make sense happen to me I know immediately that the enemy is trying to hinder God's work in my life. This makes me hang on to Jesus even tighter. I have found that there is very little, if anything, you can do about trials that don't make sense. I mean, if your car don't start you can go get some jumper cables, right? Or if you're sick you can take some pills and call your doctor in the morning. But with trials that don't make sense all you can do is hold on to Jesus and weather the storm. Yes, sometimes you have to take the pain but if you don't give up God will move in a mighty way.

We know the trials are coming, don't we? Jesus said they would. But when you hang on to our Master your mega-storm will be replaced with a mega-calm. You'll have a peace that passes all understanding. And as you bask in His presence God will move. That what you set out to do will be fulfilled. People will get blessed and God will be glorified. This is what it's all about, my friend. So hang in there! Cling to Jesus and never let go. As you do, you can rest assured that He will lead you in triumph in Christ Jesus. Amen.

*** Written by Randall Brewer ***


THE TRUTH MEDIA
...building the body of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We hope you were blessed by what you read. Your kind comments motivate us, and please help to encourage someone by sharing.

From your friends at The Truth Media Blog. God bless you!