The Cross



Text: John 3:15-16; Isaiah 53; Romans 4:24-25; 1 Peter 3:18


In evil long I took delight,
Unawed by shame or fear,
Till a new object struck my sight,
And stopped my wild career.

I saw One hanging on a tree,
In agonies and blood;
He fixed His languid eyes on me,
As near His cross I stood.

Sure never till my latest breath,
 Shall I forget that look!
It seemed to charge me with His death,
Though not a word He spoke.

A second look He gave, which said,
 "I freely all forgive;
This blood is for thy ransom paid;
I die that thou mayest live."

Thus while His death my sin displays
 In all its blackest hue,
Such is the mystery of grace,
It seals my pardon too!



*** Written by John Newton ***


THE TRUTH MEDIA
...building the body of Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment

We hope you were blessed by what you read. Your kind comments motivate us, and please help to encourage someone by sharing.

From your friends at The Truth Media Blog. God bless you!