Did He Hang For Me?



Text: Rev. 2:11, John 8:36; Deuteronomy 30:19


So you say He hung on the tree,
That I might be set free?
But I was never shackled.
I walked free, speak unheckled

The one that is in chains knows not,
Still a slave, though his freedom’s bought

So you say He willingly bled,
That I might not to hell be led?
Was it I that paved the path to hell
Or designed its flaming cells?

Before all is life and death to choose
Choose hell and heaven you lose

So you say He bore my sins?
Enough! You paint such torrid scenes!
But He died thousands of years ago!
Yet, this death, you link to me?

His blameless blood was split that the lost
Be redeemed. He alone could pay the cost

Ah, did He die for me on that cross?
Did He bleed to save me, save us
From unseen fetters of sin;
Tethers that eyes have not seen?

He that has ears let him hear,
For the day of reckoning is near!

*** Written by Kukogho Iruesiri Samson ***


THE TRUTH MEDIA
…building the body of Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment

We hope you were blessed by what you read. Your kind comments motivate us, and please help to encourage someone by sharing.

From your friends at The Truth Media Blog. God bless you!