Blessed Are The Pure In Heart



Text: Matthew 5:5-8; Hebrews 12:14

“Blessed are the pure in heart for they will see God” Matthew 5:8

The statement in Matthew 5:8 was spoken by our Lord Jesus Christ as part of what is called the Beatitudes among “the Sermon on the Mounts”. Here Jesus was addressing not only His disciples but also the multitude of people who gathered to hear what He, Christ, had to say about the heavenly Kingdom.

There are two issues raised in the statement. First, the purity of heart, and second, the issue of seeing God at last. These two thoughts are reiterated in Hebrews 12:14. It is thus clear that except a man is holy, he cannot make heaven or see God.

A number of deductions can be made from the two texts referred to. One, God expects that our hearts be made pure in order to see Him on the last day. But how can the heart be made pure – the heart described in Jeremiah 17:9 as “deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked…”

Two, He commands that we follow peace with all men. But the unsanctified man cannot follow peace with any man, not to talk of all men.

In the light of what the Scripture says in Genesis 6:5, “that God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually”, one wonders how the natural man is to live in peace with all men without a change of life, without the heart’s transformation.

God told Moses, “thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live” (Exodus 33:20). To see God on the last day, our hearts must be purified, purged, made holy; and this is done only by the act of God.

Little wonder, therefore, that the sanctification experience is a must for all believers in Christ. As long as we live and hope for the second coming of Christ, we must follow peace with all men and live a holy life.


THE TRUTH MEDIA
...building the body of Christ

4 comments:

  1. My purpose out here today is to share this article to the world about how Doctor Odunga helped me in getting back my ex-boyfriend that broke up with me 4 months ago. I tried all I could to make him see reasons with me so that we can continue our relationship but he denied me. Thank God for giving me the thought of going into the internet to search for help. I searched properly and I saw different reviews on Doctor Odunga and I insisted on giving it a try by contacting him via whats-app on (+2348167159012) and email. He gave me reason to live again and after He prepared the spell, He told me that my ex-boyfriend will come back to me within 28 hours. Can you believe it that my ex-boyfriend really came back and our wedding will be held soon. Contact him now if you need any help. Email: odungaspelltemple@gmail.com and he does a lot of spells. Once again I want to say I'm very grateful for your help

    ReplyDelete
  2. Covid-19 card / Are Vaccine Passport in Circulation already, Buy CDC covid vaccination card, buy CDC vaccination card for sale, buy coronavirus vaccination card europe, buy coronavirus vaccination card for us, buy Covid-19 vaccine passport online, can you be immune to covid 19, Canada, CDC vaccination record card for sale, Covid-19 fit to fly certificates, Covid-19 immunization records, Covid-19 passport, Covid-19 Proof of Recovery Certificates Get a Vax Card USA, Covid-19 vaccination certificate for sale, Covid-19 vaccinations, Covid-19 vaccine certificates, Digital Covid Certificates, digital proof of vaccination, Germany, Get a covid vaccination card online, Get a Vax Card, Get a Vax Card Netherlands, Get a Vax Card Australia, Get a Vax Card Austria, Get a Vax Card China, Get a Vax Card Czech Republic, Get a Vax Card Denmark, Get a Vax Card Dubai, Get a Vax Card Estonia, Get a Vax Card Finland, Get a Vax Card France, Get a Vax Card Greece, Get a Vax Card Hungary, Get a Vax Card Italy, Get a Vax Card Kuwait, Get a Vax Card Latvia, Get a Vax Card Lithuania and India., Get a Vax Card Mexico, Get a Vax Card New Zealand, Get a Vax Card Poland, Get a Vax Card Portugal, Get a Vax Card Scotland, Get a Vax Card Slovakia, Get a Vax Card Spain, Get a Vax Card Sweden, Get a Vax Card Switzerland, Get a Vax Card Turkey, Get a Vax Card UK, Get a Vax Card Ukraine, Get a Vax Card Wales, Get a Vax Card Norway, How to prove you’ve gotten your COVID-19 shots for travel, natural immunity to covid-19, Negative PCR test, Order a Vaccine card online, Proof of Covid-19 vaccination, Registered covid-19 card, WHERE CAN I BUY COVID-19 VACCINE CARD.

    CALL/TEXT : +1 (901) 878-9747

    WHATSAPP: +1 (901) 878-9747

    Telegram: @Approveddocumente

    EMAIL : approvedocs@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings of the day, my name is Jude Thaoms and I’m from Atlanta Georgia USA. Let me share a little on how I got cured from Genital Herpes. When I stumbled upon a website, while I was looking for cure my genital Herpes on a forum that I frequently visited, the first thing that I noticed was that most persons there was testifying and thanking Herbal Doctor Kham and i went through the write up and i read about how Herbal doctor Kham has cure them and first i went into doubt but i have to see what he can do for me with tears in my eyes because i want to be free from this disease i went to Herbal doctor Kham by contacting him through his email, after speaking him about my problem, he assured me that he will help me get this disease out of me that he is only here to help people and put a smile on their faces. He told me what i will have to do and after going according to herbal doctor Kham instruction and i went back for a medical check up and according to the words he gave to me, Herbal doctor Kham really did it for me, now i believe him and i telling you, if have been infected either with HERPES, HIV,AIDS, CANCER. I assure you that herbal doctor Kham can cure you. I have seen testimonies of people and I’m also one of the living testimony. You can Contact Herbal doctor Kham through Email.. dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com or WhatsApp him through +2348159922297 You can Also Visit his website to know more about him at > https://herbal-dr-kham.jimdosite.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boyfriend of 2 years broke up with me last week. I wasn’t eating and i wasn’t talking to anybody, I cried a lot, I was so depressed and stressed out that I ended up in the hospital because of all the stress and depression. One day as i was searching online on getting love tips because I Love & care about him deeply and I just want us to be together as a couple again. I found a powerful man Called Ilekhojie that he solved so many relationship problem…… so i contacted him and explain everything to him, then Dr Ilekhojie told me he will come back to me within 48hrs after after he helps me with a reconciliation spell. It worked perfectly as he promised and David retured and started asking for me to accept him back. Am so happy now that Dr Ilekhojie has done as he promised. Contact Dr Ilekhojie as his 100% guaranteed and effective. Email him at (gethelp05@gmail.com WhatsApp +2348147400259

    ReplyDelete

We hope you were blessed by what you read. Your kind comments motivate us, and please help to encourage someone by sharing.

From your friends at The Truth Media Blog. God bless you!